Team17 has announced that its first PlayStation®4 title, Worms™ Battlegrounds, will be available in New Zealand on 30th May 2014.
The veteran independent British publisher, Team17, is proud to see its award-winning franchise make its debut on PS4™, having seen it already appear on over twenty-five other platforms since its introduction back in 1995.
Worms Battlegrounds is the most fully featured version of Worms™ yet and features:
- 25 Single Player story missions
- 10 'Worm‐Ops' time attack missions
- 5 Environments: Inca, Viking, Feudal Japan, Industrial Revolution and Prehistoric
- Multiplayer Deathmatch and Fort modes
- Landscape Editor
- Clan Support including Clan Emblem Editor
- 65 Weapons and Utilities including 10 outrageous new items: Mega Mortar, Gravedigger, Winged Monkey, Oxygen, Worm Charm, Bovine Blitz, Whoopsie Cushion, Teleport Raygun, Aqua Pack and The Equiliser
- Day to Night Lighting Transitions
- Physics Based Contraptions
- Over 200 individual customisation items for the worms
- 4 Improved Worm Classes including new special abilities
- 30% Larger Landscapes
- DUALSHOCK®4 wireless controller's Light Bar dynamically changes colour depending on your worm's scenario. Watch as the Light Bar glows red for attacks and explosions, blue when your worm is submerged in dynamic water and green to indicate that your worm is poisoned
- Weapon Gestures. Assign up to four weapons for quick select using the DUALSHOCK®4 wireless controller's Touch Pad
- Companion website. Keep track of your stats on the go!
Worms™ Battlegrounds is due for release on 30th May 2014 on PS4.