|Contains animated violence.|
|Release date:||12 May 2004|
|Publisher:||Vivendi Universal Games|
The vampire hunter bursts from the silver screen on to PS2 in the game-of-the-Hugh-Jackman-film.
In the pages of Bram Stoker's Dracula he was an ageing academic, but in Stephen "The Mummy Returns" Sommers' new movie, Van Helsing is reinvented as a 19th Century action hero. The movie casts Hugh "Wolverine" Jackman as the gothic hero who must face down not just Drac' but the whole back-catalogue of movie monsters. The Wolf Man, Frankenstein's Monster, Mr Hyde and more lurk in the shadows awaiting Van Helsing's violent justice and you (as VH) must use all your combat skills, weapons and acrobatics to overcome the ancient evil.
The game recreates the cinematic spectacle of the movie, putting you in the dangerous boots of the fearless hero. As well as putting you through the deadly challenge of the film's key confrontations, the Van Helsing videogame also expands upon the Van Helsing world, introducing new monsters you won't see at the cinema such as Gargoyles, Banshees and Fell Spirits.
To aid you against this army of evil, Van Helsing has numerous weapons and abilities that spell certain doom for all your foes. Spinning Tojo Blades, a repeating crossbow, dual pistols and a hand-cranked Gatling gun are among your arsenal, as well as Van Helsing's trademark grappling hook which allows him to escape danger, reach inaccessible areas and pull off devastating combat manoeuvres. Whether you're a fan of the movie or not, Van Helsing will have something for you to sink your teeth into.
- Based on the blockbuster movie from The Mummy director, Stephen Sommers and starring Hugh Jackman
- The main character is voiced by Hugh Jackman himself
- Fight your way through the action from the screen and beyond as you face off against the Wolf Man, Frankenstein's Monster and Dracula
- Frantic mix of melee and ranged combat using the weapons from the movies
- Travel through Transylvania to Castle Dracula, Castle Frankenstein and beyond