Insomniac Games provides some handy hints for your intergalactic adventures with the cunning lombax Ratchet and his robotic sidekick Clank.
Ratchet and Clank have returned to PlayStation 3 to relive their first three quests in The Ratchet & Clank Trilogy. Here, developer Insomniac Games reveals some top tips to ensure you don't miss a trick when you're adventuring through space with this legendary duo.
- Bolts are a lombax's best friend - collect these so that Ratchet can purchase new weapons at Gadgetron and Megacorp vendors.
- Explore everywhere. Most planets in the Solaris galaxy have multiple paths that Ratchet and Clank can explore to find weapons, gadgets, infobots to find other planets and, of course, bolts.
- If you ever get stuck, check the mission screen for each planet by pressing the SELECT button on your Wireless Controller to see if any tasks remain.
Ratchet & Clank
- After you get a new gadget, return to the previous planets you've visited and explore them further - you never know what may be hidden there.
Ratchet & Clank 2
- Level up as many weapons as you can. For example, the Lancer pistol upgrades to the Heavy Lancer machine gun, which is great for taking out foes at medium range.
- Once the Bouncer becomes available, purchase it, upgrade it and watch it wreak havoc on all enemies in its path.
- Completing all of the arena challenges in Maktar Resort and Planet Joba is a great way to earn a ton of extra bolts.
Ratchet & Clank 3
- All weapons have five levels of upgrades, compared to a single one in Ratchet & Clank 2.
- Make sure that you thoroughly explore the sewers on Planet Aquatos for valuable crystals and other goodies. These sewers are also a great place to level up your weapons.
Now, go get your hands on a copy of The Ratchet & Clank Trilogy and put these tips to good use in your action-packed journey through the galaxy on PlayStation 3.