Improve the output quality of music on CD with the upsampling feature.
Upsampled output of audio CDs is supported. You can adjust audio CD playback quality by adjusting settings under [Audio Output Settings], [Audio CD Output Frequency] and [Bitmapping].
Playback environment required for upsampled output
- The audio device in use must support a sampling frequency of 88.2 kHz or 176.4 kHz.
- The PS3 system and audio device must be connected using an HDMI cable or digital optical cable.
Adjusting settings for upscaled output
1. Select [Linear PCM 2 Ch. 88.2 kHz] or [Linear PCM 2 Ch. 176.4 kHz] under Settings > [Sound Settings] > [Audio Output Settings].
2. Select [44.1/88.2/176.4 kHz] under Settings > [Music Settings] > [Audio CD Output Frequency].
Audio output is upsampled at a frequency of 88.2 kHz or 176.4 kHz to match the audio device in use.
3. If necessary, select the setting that you want under Settings > [Music Settings] > [Bitmapping].
You can further adjust the playback quality by adjusting the bitmapping setting.
- The playback quality of audio CDs varies depending on the content that is being played and the playback environment.