Find out what features are included in PlayStation®3 system software update 2.00.
An update to the PlayStation®3 system software was released on November 9, 2007. If you update your PlayStation®3 system, the system software version will be 2.00 and the following features will be updated. In order to download PlayStation®3 system software version 2.00, you will need a minimum 120Mb of free space on either the PlayStation®3 Hard Disk Drive (System Update) or on removable storage media (PC Update).Main features that are new or revised in version 2.00
- Custom themes [Theme Settings]
You can now customise the PlayStation®3 Home Menu icons or background design.
You can now create playlists to organise content under [Music] and [Photo].
[Information Board] has been added as a feature under [Network]. PlayStation® related news can be displayed on the PlayStation®3 Home Menu.
- PlayStation®Network category
[PlayStation®Network] has been added as a category in the PlayStation®3 Home Menu.
[Remote Start] has been added as an option under [Remote Play Settings]. A PlayStation®3 system in standby mode can be turned on from a PSP® (PlayStation®Portable) system used for remote play via the Internet (Wake On LAN).
Other new or revised features in version 2.00
- New grouping options for the [Group Content] feature have been added to the options menu.
- [Colour], [Background] and [Font] have been added as options under [Theme Settings].
- You can now select [Brightness] as an option under [Theme Settings] > [Background].
- The process for setting [Internet Connection Settings] under [Network Settings] has been changed.
- You can now select Canon printers with the [Printer Selection] option under [Printer Settings].
- [Vibration Function] has been added as an option under [Controller Settings] in the menu that appears when you press the PS button on the wireless controller.*
* To use this feature, a DUALSHOCK®3 Wireless Controller (planned for 2008 release) is required.
- You can now view video content (as a progressive download) as it is being downloaded from PlayStation®Store.
- [Trend Micro Web Security for PS3™] has been added as a security option under the Internet browser.
- The voice / video chat menu has been changed.
- You can now use the PlayStation®Eye camera for voice / video chat.*
*For details on the PlayStation®Eye camera, click here
- This system software update includes all features contained in previous versions.
- The new system software will preserve any settings previously made to the PlayStation®3. Depending on the software title, you may not be able to play without first updating the PlayStation®3 system software.
- Do not perform updates using any data other than the official update data provided by Sony Computer Entertainment over a network or on disc media, and do not perform updates by methods other than those described in the product documentation or in this site. If an update is performed using data from another source, by another method, or with a PlayStation®3 system that has been altered or modified in any way, the PlayStation®3 system may not operate properly and may not be able to install the official update data. Any of these actions may void the PlayStation®3 system warranty and affect your ability to obtain warranty services and repair services from Sony Computer Entertainment.