Read our round-up of all the PS4, PS3, PS Vita and PlayStation Plus news from E3 2013.
- PS4 is coming and you can experience the next generation in gaming at the remarkable price of $649.00 (RRP*).
- The design of the PS4 system is sleek and functional, housing a powerful system architecture that will enable the industry's best developers to create amazing titles.
- SCE Worldwide Studios has more than 30 PS4 exclusive titles in development, 20 of which will launch during the first year of PS4.
- The line-up of games on PS4 includes 12 completely new titles, including The Order: 1886 from Ready at Dawn.
- We also provided updates to other exciting PS4 titles #DRIVECLUB, inFAMOUS Second Son, Killzone: Shadow Fall and KNACK.
- Some of the best teams in the world displayed their groundbreaking games, including live gameplay of the highly anticipated Destiny from Bungie Studios for the very first time, as well as presentations from Ubisoft featuring Assassin's Creed IV Black Flag and Watch_Dogs, Square Enix showing off Kingdom Hearts 3 and Final Fantasy XV, plus Warner Bros. presented the world premiere for Mad Max.
- We reinforced our support for independent and smaller developers with nine new titles that will debut exclusively on PlayStation 4.
- Overall, there are more than 140 games in development for PS4, including over 100 that will be available within the first year.
PlayStation Plus on PS4
- We announced that PlayStation Plus subscriptions will carry over to PlayStation 4, so subscribers will have access to all of the benefits across PS3, PS Vita and PS4 for one price.
- These benefits include the ability to seamlessly start playing games and join your online friends while spectating gameplay or enjoying cross game voice chat, as well as exclusive discounts, cloud game saves and Instant Game Collection.
- To celebrate the launch of PlayStation Plus on PS4, we will offer #DRIVECLUB PS Plus Edition as part of the Instant Game Collection.
- Sony Pictures Entertainment appeared on-stage to announce that it is working on new original programming and unique access to entertainment content on PlayStation Network and PS4.
- Sony Pictures Entertainment is one of the most powerful entertainment brands in the world and we look forward to bringing our fans curated content that you'll love.
- In just over a year since the launch of PS Vita, we've built a library of more than 125 dedicated games and the platform will only get stronger in the coming year.
- More than 85 games will launch by the end of 2013, including The Walking Dead, Batman: Arkham Origins Blackgate, CounterSpy, Destiny of Spirits, Doki-Doki Universe, Killzone: Mercenary and Tearaway.
- PlayStation 3 is in its sixth year and our commitment to it is stronger than ever. The PS3 game line-up today is huge, continuing with the release in E3 week of the critically acclaimed The Last of Us.
- We have more than 300 other titles coming soon on PS3, such as BEYOND: Two Souls, Rain, Puppeteer, Batman: Arkam Origins and Gran Turismo 6.
- In addition, we announced a PS3 bundle for Grand Theft Auto V and a new GTAV branded PULSE Wireless Stereo Headset that comes with an exclusive GTA soundscape.
Visit playstation.co.nz/ps4 to read up on all the latest PS4 news and sign up for updates to make sure you don't miss out on any new updates as we build up to the launch of the next generation in gaming on PlayStation.
* Manufacturer's recommended maximum retail price. Actual retail prices will vary.