Find out what features are contained in PSP system software version 2.71.
An update to the PSP system software was made available on May 30, 2006. With this update, the system software is version 2.71. Features updated in system software update 2.71 include:Network
- Game demos can now be downloaded from [Internet Browser] and saved on Memory Stick media.
- Game demos can now be downloaded to Memory Stick Duo.
- Video can now be displayed correctly when an external tuner is selected in [LocationFree™ Player].
- This affects LocationFree Base Station (a Sony product sold separately) model numbers LF-B1 (sold in North America/Taiwan/Korea) and LF-X11 (sold in North America). Please refer to the instruction manual for your LocationFree Base Station to locate the model number.
- The issue outlined above does not affect LocationFree Base Station sold in Japan or Europe.
- This system software update includes all features contained in previous versions.
- The new system software will preserve any settings previously made to the PSP (such as the Parental Control level).
- Do not use data other than official update data acquired through our company's server.
- Depending on the software title, you may not be able to play without first updating the PSP system software.