Find out what features are contained in PSP system software version 3.30.
An update to the PSP system software was made available on March 28, 2007. With this update, the system software is version 3.30. Features updated in system software update 3.30 include:
- Features for playing PlayStation®Network titles have been enhanced: [Disc-Load Speed] has been added to the menu.
- [RSS Channel] now supports item thumbnail images.
- Thumbnail images of videos that are stored in the 'VIDEO' folder of Memory Stick Duo media are now supported.
- The following types of files can now be played in the 'VIDEO' folder: MPEG-4 AVH(H.264) video Main Profile (AVC CABAC) files of the following sizes:
720 X 480, 352 X 480, or 480 X 272
Note: Depending on the data type, some files cannot be played. You cannot choose the thumbnail image for AVI format video files. Only JPEG files with resolution of less than 160 x 200 pixels and a file size of 200 KB or less can be used for thumbnail images.
- This system software update includes all features contained in previous versions.
- The new system software will preserve any settings previously made to the PSP (such as the Parental Control level).
- Depending on the software title, you may not be able to play without first updating the PSP system software.
- Do not perform updates using any data other than the official update data provided by Sony Computer Entertainment over a network or on disc media, and do not perform updates by methods other than those described in the product documentation or in this site. If an update is performed using data from another source, by another method, or with a PSP system that has been altered or modified in any way, the PSP system may not operate properly and may not be able to install the official update data. Any of these actions may void the PSP system warranty and affect your ability to obtain warranty services and repair services from Sony Computer Entertainment.