Find out what features are included in PlayStation Vita system software update 1.67.
An update to the PS Vita system software was released on 12 April 2012. If you update your PS Vita system, the system software version will be 1.67 and the following feature will be updated.
A PS Vita system software update is required to use PlayStation Network features and some features on the system. Also, downloading and installing the PS Vita system software update will update your PS Vita system's operating system to include the latest security patches, as well as new and revised applications, features and settings. It is recommended that you always maintain your system to use the latest version of the system software.
Main feature in system software update version 1.67
An issue that freezes the game screen has been observed in some PS Vita format software when the camera is used in-game. The issue is addressed in this version of the system software.
- Do not download or install the update using data other than the official update data provided online or on a PS Vita card by Sony Computer Entertainment. Do not download or install updates by methods other than those described in the system documentation or on this website. If you download or install update data from a different source, by a different method, or on a PS Vita system that has been altered or modified in any way, the PS Vita system might not operate properly and might not be able to install the official update data. Any of these actions can void the PS Vita system warranty and affect your ability to obtain warranty services and repair services from Sony Computer Entertainment.
- This update is for PS Vita systems purchased in Europe, Australia, New Zealand, Africa, Gulf states and India. Do not update your PS Vita system using this website if you purchased your system outside of these regions. There is no guarantee of proper operation with models sold outside of these regions. For details about PS Vita systems purchased outside of Europe, Australia, New Zealand, Africa, Gulf states and India, please visit the website for your region.
- Do not turn off the power or remove the memory card for the PS Vita system during the update process. Interrupting the update can cause a system malfunction.
- It might not be possible to start the update if the battery charge level is low.
- The power button and the PS button do not function during the system update process.
- You might not be able to use some applications or content without first updating the system software.